You can also Download and print the Highgate Ballet School Enrolment Form
Enrolment form download (click to download either PDF or Word file)
(PDF File. Download of the form will start immediately)
HIGHGATE BALLET SCHOOL TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2018
- New Students:All pupils must be registered for the classes they attend and fees paid in advance as stated on the term invoice. Unregistered children will not be allowed to participate. There is a £15.00 registration fee (one fee per family). Returning pupils who have left the school for more than one term will also need to re-register and pay the enrolment fee. The fees for new pupils become payable in full after the first class.
- Term Fees.Invoices are emailed at the end of each term for the following term’s Fees. Payment may become due from up to 2 weeks in advance of the start of the new term and the invoice due date is at the top left-hand corner of your invoice. Check your invoice and notify the office of any class changes not reflected on it or for other errors.
- Late Payments of Fees:There is a penalty for late payment of fees and if still due 7 days past the invoice due date, they will be recovered by a CSA affiliated agency, where additional fees will be incurred. Failure to pay fees will result in your child being excluded from class until they are paid in full, inclusive of the penalty fee.
- Updated Contact Details: Please ensure we have your most current home, email address and phone number on file. Highgate Ballet School must receive any changes to pupil’s contact details in writing. All details will be held in strict confidentiality, as per our GDPR policy and are not passed on to outside parties except to the ISTD for exams.
- Payment:Our preferred method of payment is by bank transfer, and must include your invoice number. The School is not responsible for fees that cannot be allocated due to incompleteinformationprovided on the payment.
- Discounts:Siblings and/or children enrolled in 2 or more classes will receive a 10% discount if fees are paid in full, on time. Late fees will not receive the discount. Any additional class attended at the level below is charged at 33% of the full fee.
- Fee increase:These may be subject to annual increase at the start of each academic year and falls in line with inflation.
- It is expected that children will attend all their classes.Any missed classes are encouraged to be “made up” in a similar level class during the same term or the beginning of the subsequent term. Ballet Classes follow a syllabus and are structured to maximise learning when children attend regularl, so missing any classes will compromise a student’s ability to learn and improve, particularly when working towards an exam or performance.
- Notice to leave:Half a term’s (i.e. 6 weeks) written notice to the Principal is required for any pupil wishing to discontinue any class or leave the school. Failure to do so will lead to collection of fees in lieu of notice, via a collection agency upon our behalf. Should a pupil discontinue classes and leave the School mid-term, refunds for unused classes will not be given. However, a credit note valid for two years from the leaving date will be issued.
- Competition clause: Priorpermission must be sought by any pupil wishing to participate in any external vocational classes, amateur or professional productions, festivals and competitions. Some dance clubs and activities may be operating in conflict with the ethos and principles of Highgate Ballet School, which operates a safe teaching practise policy and takes the welfare of all students seriously. Highgate Ballet School’s teachers will advise if they believe an external programme would not be compatible with the student’s ballet training at the School.
- Private lessons: Additional coaching classes must be paid for when they are booked. Bookings are pre – agreed by pupil, parents and Highgate Ballet School. Refunds are not given in the event a pupil does not attend their pre-booked private lessons.
- Uniform: Pupils must wear the correct official ballet uniform in all ballet classes. Long hair must be tied back and no jewellery of any kind is permitted except stud earrings. Children will be asked to remove jewellery and watches before they participate and these may be removed by the class teacher if they are causing a potential risk and the child cannot remove them.
- Lost Property: The School does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to property left on the premises.
- Ballet Exams:Highgate Ballet School offers lessons leading to graded ISTD (Cecchetti) exams. Pupils will be entered only when they have reached the required standard and this is decided by the teacher. Pupils attending class once a week who wish to be entered for Grade exams 1-3 are required to take either an additional second weekly class in the half term before the exam takes place (at least 5 additional classes), or they may do the exam a term later. Parents will be notified at the appropriate time. Students wishing to take exams in Grades 4 and above and pointe work, must attend at least two ballet technique classes weekly. This does not apply to children taking Standard exams. Regular attendance in all classes, not just the weekly exam level class, is expected for any child who has been entered for a ballet exam. Exam Feesmust be returned by the deadline on the form. Late entries may be admitted if space on the schedule and will incur a £5.00 additional charge.
- Safe Practice: Highgate Ballet School endeavours to ensure that your children are dancing in a safe and comfortable environment. We ask you to bring and collect your child promptly and provide us with written details of changes in drop off/pick up arrangements and any special medical needs. Pupils will not be allowed to leave the dance areas until they are collected by a parent or guardian unless arrangements have been made and the class teacher or assistant knows you allow your child to leave unsupervised; this will need to be put in writing to the office. Please ensure that your child uses the toilet before class and if required, brings a bottle of water into the studio.
- Watch week: Parents/guardians are invited to watch classes during watch week, generally held at the end of each term. The School reserves the right to cancel watch week. Filming and photography are not allowed except by permission and with the discretion of the teacher during watch week.
- Policies and Procedures:The school does not discriminate on background, race or religion, regularly monitors staff to maintain school teaching policies and adheres to Health and Safety procedures to ensure that each child dances in a class appropriate to their level of development. It may sometimes be necessary for teachers to use physical contact when helping to improve pupils’ posture or assist in movements.
- Misconduct:Parents will be notified either by email, in person or by ‘phone and a pupil may be asked to leave without notice for any serious breach of the school’s terms and conditions or for any other serious misconduct.